During onset of winter, precisely winter months, temperature dips down heralding the season of cold and flu. If one ends up having cold or flu-like symptoms, it’s advisable to take proactive approach for supporting body’s defence mechanism against cold and flu making way for speedy recovery. For starters, getting cold and flu shots can go a long way towards prevention. Additionally, you can provide further boost to your immunity system for preventing potential chances of catching cold or flu in the first place. If you still end up suffering from cold and flu, there are ways and methods to reduce severity of symptoms and speeding up recuperation process. One such procedure is Chinese Medicine, rather Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) remedies formulated and administered in the department of Chinese Medicine Perth that aids in stimulating body’s natural healing capacity.
What is Traditional Chinese Medicine?
Chinese Medicine/Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is a kind of conventional or traditional medicine having its origin in China, constituting a comprehensive toolkit of complementary practices, including:
- Diet therapy
- Physical approaches like tai chi and qi gong
- Gua sha
- Cupping(usage of warmed glass jars for creating suction on certain body parts)
- Moxibustion (burning of herbal leaves on or near body)
- Massage/Tui Na
- Sports medicine
Philosophy of Traditional Chinese Medicine Perth is based on Chinese concepts of:
- Qi-the vital energy acting as guidance to physical and mental processes and wellbeing
- Yin & yang-the opposing energies of life
- Wu Xing-the five elements theory
Chinese Preventive Measures to Ward Off Cold & Flu:
In the fight against cold and flu, Chinese Medicine Perth adheres to disease prevention rather than treatment. Boosting body’s immune system helps to get rid of pathogens, preventing you from getting sick or ill.
Below are some excellent Chinese soup options for making your body fit and strong:
- Qi-deficient body constitution – Chinese yam soup with licorice
- Cold body constitution – Ginger tea with perilla leaf and brown sugar
- Dryness-heat body constitution – Chinese pear and water chestnut soup
Besides, herbal drink of chrysanthemums, mint and beefsteak plants are particularly effective in warding off summer flu. During cold and flu season, tonic herbs, for instance, Cordyceps and medical mushrooms like lingzhi are recommended for daily consumption, boosting up body’s immune system.
Cold & Flu Treatment via Chinese Medicine Perth:
In Chinese medicine, treatment for cold and flu is about syndrome differentiation of individual patients and synergistic effects of herbal combination, with formula requiring being highly dependent on symptoms:
- Ganluxiaodudan – Prescription that “clears heat” and “eliminates dampness” which’re the characteristic features of flu in hot and humid weather.
- GuiZhi Tang – For fever and chills, headaches, nasal congestion, stiff neck, aversion to wind.
- Yin Chiao San – Used for fever, sore throat, headache & cough.
However, it’s always advisable to consult a registered Chinese medicine practitioner working at Chinese Medicine Perth who could bail you out of cold and flu-like symptoms and other issues bothering you.
Get yourself treated for cold and flu at Tao Acupuncture Perth with Chinese Medicine Perth-one-of-a-kind clinic well-equipped with latest technology and equipment under certified acupuncturist Quin Wang (Kathy). Tao Acupuncture creates personalized, conducive environment for treatment based on ancient Chinese Medicine with 20+ years of clinical experience, 150+ advanced proven procedures, 100+ no side effects, friendly practitioners, certified therapists, experienced acupuncturists having 850+ happy clients.
Range of Services:
- Chinese Herbal Medicine in powders, topical pastes, salves, tablet forms for cold & flu
- Acupuncture for sports injuries
- Acupuncture for weight loss
- IVF, Pregnancy & Fertility Acupuncture
- Acupuncture for headaches & migraines
- Acupuncture for treating & combating allergies
- Gynaecological Genitourinary Acupuncture to alleviate problems about monthly menstrual cycle, PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Chinese & Japanese Acupuncture
- Chronic Pain Acupuncture for activating body’s self-healing mechanism
- Cosmetic Acupuncture for youthful, flawless skin
- Moxibustion for improving body’s self-healing capacity
- Chinese Cupping Therapy for removing excess pathogens, mitigating muscle tension, restoring good blood circulation and respiratory system
Tao Acupuncture Perth provides customers the facilities of Same Day Appointments & Walk-Ins accepting all Major Health Funds.
For more details, visit our website: